From: Bjorn.Karlsson_at_[hidden]
Date: 2004-02-23 09:33:33

> From: David Abrahams [mailto:dave_at_[hidden]]
> Hey! These implementations using "advance" don't work for
> non-iterators (e.g. int) the way regular next() and prior() do. I
> consider this a bug!

Are there really use cases where implementations should work seamlessly for
both non-iterators and iterators? Or are there (common) non-iterator types
that share the iterators' "operator++() but not operator+()" issue? I
understand the problem that next/prior solves for iterators, but when
dealing with numeric types, I'm thinking there's always binary +/- operators
available.

Bjorn