From: Powell, Gary (powellg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-23 21:21:19

I'm siding with Dave A and the longer names. You can always shorten it in your code with an alias.

For me it's a matter of future expansion, and maintenance, we have boost::bind, and boost::lambda::bind, and perhaps soon boost:fcpp::lambda which is the namespace which the function? If we use apprev. 4 everythg, thn, we lose contx.

boost::fs =? "FileSystem", "FastSort", "FirstSearch", "FloatingSymbols".... yes these are a bit contrived but you can usually use "using namespace", or a namespace alias safely within a function scope. Then when you leave the company the next poor maintainer of your code has a chance.

Also a global search is easier if the letters to be searched for are more or less a unique set.

  Yours,
  -Gary-