From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-25 19:26:18

The system administrators at Indiana University are planning to change the
Boost mailing lists to a new host IP address Thursday.

Although the changeover itself will happen very quickly, it will take some
time for the DNS change to propagate.

Boost's DNS usually specifies 6 hour refreshes and 12 hour "Time to Live".
We will cut that to 1 hour each from now until it is clear the change is
working well. So you should see no more than a two hour outage.

The last time we did something like this it went pretty smoothly, but a few
people had trouble with cached copies of the IP address for a few days.

Anyhow, be aware that change is coming Thursday, and that mailing list
response time will be longer than usual during the changeover.

Thanks,

--Beman