From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-26 13:43:30

I just committed the min/max macro fixes. I built and tested with vc6,
vc7.1 and gcc (cygwin). This was a huge change and I have little doubt
that it will cause problems somewhere. Let me know if you see anything
out of the ordinary.

This could potentially have downstream effects, particularly if people
are relying on the boost headers to #undef the min and max macros for
them, which they no longer do.

With this check-in, I did *not* modify the regression tests to #define
min and max to garbage. That caused too many problems.

In the future, calling min and max (member) functions will take some
care on the part of all boost developers. I'd like to write up a
document about what I learned. Is there a boost style guide, or an
appropriate place for such a document?

Thanks.

<runs for cover>

--