From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-01 03:05:25

Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Here we probably disagree. I see boost as a collection of libraries that
> intent to be used in practice. Ultimately some of them may join C++
> standard. Introduction of solution for no problems does not seems to fit
> this. Note: I do not say that there is no problem domain, I just say that
> it's imperative to figure it out first, instead of telling C++ community:
> "Ok. Here is the library. If you find any use for it let us know"

I agree (with Gennadiy). Boost, in my mind, is code that could one day be
part of the standard, and for that I think you need it to be solving
real-world problems. (which isn't to say that FC++ cannot be useful, just
that it currently isn't showing any motivating examples with benchmarks to
show how the code is quicker or safer or has shorter source code or easier
to understand than the current standard practice).

Darren