From: David Turner (dkturner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-03 11:06:19

Hi

> Not to start any religious war here, but gtk is based on C. If I was
> going
> to start a new effort, I'd certainly prefer Qt/kde, which is c++ based as
> starting point.

I'm not religious; and it would be quite easy to have Qt as a back-end.

Bear in mind that this is supposed to be a well-designed API that wraps
*existing* implementations like GTK and Qt.

The fact that Qt is written in C++ and GTK is written in C has absolutely
no bearing. Implementation detail.

And, just for the record, I think the (C) GTK API is better-designed than
the (C++) Qt API :^). That's why my personal choice was to implement GTK
first.

Regards
David Turner