From: Max Motovilov (max_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-03 12:55:35

"Peter Dimov" <pdimov_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> ... I most definitely don't want to embed C++ for a number of reasons.
Data
> and code should be kept separate.

Tell that to Lisp programmers :-P

No, of course I agree with you. But if you are willing to embed JavaScript,
or Python, then a decision to embed C++ is not that much of a leap. Just
don't implement business logic in the embedded code and use it strictly for
UI behaviors that are hard to express in declarative language.

If you are opposed to embedding of script into declarative descriptions as a
matter of principle, this logic certainly does not apply. But most people
don't seem to be.

Personally I dislike the idea of compiling resource descriptions into
imperative code and am willing to sacrifice quite a bit of embedding
capability, moving such code snippets into library extensions instead. But
it is not a matter of principle for me and I can see why some may disagree.

...Max...