From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-03 14:15:50

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Peter Dimov wrote:
> Max Motovilov wrote:
> >> Builders/customization software/etc than has direct access
> >> to always valid GUI information..
> >
> > ...and that is another reason to have the resource description
> > available at run-time without having the widget implementations
> > expose all necesasry information explicitly (that's in response to
> > Peter Dimov though...)
>
> Not a problem. You can always serialize your widget and capture its current
> state into XML.

I think the right answer here is to have an XML library that supports
reflection. I've been toying with the idea for a while (with no time to
write the actual library...) but the basic notion is to create an XML
"view" of an existing object that plays well with pure XML data (i.e.,
elements with no corresponding concrete class).

But this is all out of scope for a GUI library :)

        Doug