From: Jesse Booher (jbooher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-04 09:53:19

>>> dave_at_[hidden] 03/04/04 08:59AM >>>
> button("click me") doesn't have to be a widget. Think expression
> templates. It can just build up a type to be used by window to add a
> button.

Well said. This exemplifies the reason why most gui toolkits are so horrible to use, they allow implementation technicalities to dictate interface. Having to decide where an object is going to live before any of its properties can be set is a clear violation of object oriented design principles but we live with these kind of problems all the time for supposed technical reasons.