From: David Turner (dkturner_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-05 07:42:50

Hi

> Thanks.
> I've looked at your code. You are right, your library is more like the
> display
> or even 'impl' layer in notus. It'll be nice to put these two
> together.

We agree, then :-). My plans for the gui library (henceforth just gui)
are these:

1. Fix things so that free widgets are possible. I would still love to
hear some suggestions on how to select the backend in situations where
multiple backends are available. It would be nice to have a text-mode
backend available on all platforms.

2. Implement the missing widgets I outlined earlier.

As far as having a drawing widget is concerned, I'm now convinced that
this is best done in a seperate library. I'll look at doing that once
I've finished with gui.

Gui is now hosted on sourceforge: http://cxxgui.sourceforge.net/. A
version implementing the newer syntax (i.e. dots) is available for
download. If anybody would like to help me out, particularly with the
porting and build processes, I'd be most grateful :-).

Regards
David Turner