From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-05 12:30:20

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 20:24:34 -0500, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

>To be consistent and to prevent being blindsided in the future by other
>compilers deciding to spoof one another's macros, perhaps we should define
>BOOST_x, where x is the compiler name, for every compiler we have a config
>for. And then pointing out the problem in our lib guide for developers.

It's incredible, however, how proposals are appreciated in proportion
to the author's authoritativeness. No polemic intent but I've proposed
this 18 months ago (for libraries) and nobody agreed (please, don't
tell me that for libraries "it is a different thing" :)).

PS: I'm not angry, really, just noticing.

--
Genny.