From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-05 18:18:40

Jeff Flinn wrote:

>My app is hitting the assertion at line 133 in basic_text_oarchive.hpp with
>delimiter = 3 when serializing to a text_oarchive.

Whoops - I spoke way too soon. Clearly this is something new, I'll look
into it.

>The assertion occurs during serialization of the count for a shared_ptr.
>There is an access violation when attempting to serialize to a
>binary_oarchive also.

The same assertion or a different one. This sounds like the pointer
registration/export issue I alluded to earlier.

>XML serialization in both directions works fine. The odd thing is, if I
>comment out any usage of xml_oarchive, the assertion is not triggered, and
>serialization to both text_oarchive and binary_oarchive succeeds.

Odd indeed. Investigate some more. Again, which assertion?

>Input from binary/text/xml succeeds in all cases.

If it fails to create archive, how do we know input succeeds?

Robert Ramey