From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-07 18:56:57

Jeff Flinn wrote:

>Another data point. I've separated binary/text/xml serialization into three
>.cpp files so that each of the three compilation units only deals with a
>single archive type.

No doubt that works around the issue but it doesn't make ME feel much
better. The problem of "confused" template parameters was a big one with VC
6.0 . I had hoped all those issues had been resolved with VC 7.1. Now I'm
not so sure. I did make a small example which included several archive types
but I had no problem with it so I'm kind of stuck.

     ---- ----
>Bin Pass Pass
>Txt Pass Pass
>Xml Pass Fail

>Where Fail is an assertion in basic_xml_archive.ipp Line: 29.

>Attached is the offending xml archive, if it will offer any insight.

This is most likely a bug of my own in generating/parsing xml archives.
Again, I'm going to need a smaller test case. However, your example does
illustrate the need to replace the assertions with exceptions in case the
XML has been tampered with - I'll add these in.

Robert Ramey