From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-08 04:47:49

Bronek Kozicki wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 22:53:43 -0000, Paul A Bristow wrote:
>

>>Many thanks - that is most helpful and may eventually solve the problem.
>

> It's just a beginning :) anyway, Jim Apple pointed out that using
> namespace qualifier can fix *this* problem, indeed it did. After

Well, we knew that already. Look at the last 4 messages from this
thread: <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/29507>

> I received nice INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR. Now I need to reproduce this
> error in some smaller sample code, and then post it to MS newsgroups.

That is the real problem. And I think that the code in question is
standard conformant C++, if someone thinks it isn't please provide some
reason.

I am not using Windows (thus no VC), so I can only speculate: The
problem might be connected to the use of

template<typename T> operator T()

but that's just a wild guess. I just seem to remember that I read about
the VC having a small problem there. If this is in fact the problem, we
might be lucky as my newest version no longer uses this conversion,
instead I use a get<T>-function.

As the documentation is making only slow progress (that's not: "no
progress" :), I think I'll try to hack together a non-typeof-version to
give you some more stuff to test. Maybe this evening, otherwise it will
be by the end of the week.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology