From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-08 07:34:54

Alberto Barbati <abarbati_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Problem is that there is something wrong with the implementation of
> operator[] in iterator_facade and the regression test does not compile
> anymore :-(

What makes you say that there's something wrong with iterator_facade's
operator[]? Is it possible that the regression test makes invalid
assumptions about the way an iterator's operator[] is supposed to work?

> However, if I hack iterator_facade::operator[] to avoid
> the use of the operator_brackets_proxy class

That's unneccessary. Any iterator_facade behavior you want to replace
can simply be added to your derived iterator class.

> all regression tests pass. Maybe it would be good to discuss this
> problem of the iterator_facade in a different thread.

Here we are!

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting