From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-08 09:28:05

Joaquín Mª López Muñoz wrote:

>> test_list_ops.cpp generates an ICE which I already submitted for
>> analysys.
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/PR14448

>I've briefly followed the discussions around the ICE and seems
>like the problem has to do with the definition of the static
>constant max_fill (am I right?)
>If so, do you know of some simple workaround? The fact that
>it is the compiler that is failing rather than my code does not
>make me any happier --I just want GCC to compile the library.

I understand your concerns, but please - just allow a few days for the bug to
be fixed. There is usually a very fast turnaround for these kind of bugs,
especially now that GCC is pretty close to a release. I am confident that the
bug will be fixed within this week.

Anyway, this works as a workaround (seq_index_ops.hpp, line 108) and makes the
compiler successfully pass the test:

#if (__GNUC__ > 3) || ((__GNUC__ == 3) && (__GNUC_MINOR__ >= 4))
  enum { max_fill = std::numeric_limits<std::size_t>::digits+1 };
#else
  BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT(

std::size_t,max_fill=(std::size_t)std::numeric_limits<std::size_t>::digits+1);
#endif

Anyway I'd rather this to get in only if GCC 3.4 is released with this bug,
which I believe it is highly unlikely.

--
Giovanni Bajo