From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-08 21:13:24

Douglas Paul Gregor wrote:

> On Sun, 7 Mar 2004, E. Gladyshev wrote:
>
> Yes, but it seems that I've omitted any way to get to the combiner. Sounds
> like something we should add.

Violent agreement. I have another use case, I came across recently.

Think of a container C that stores elements of type E. The container has
a signal that is called whenever an element is added. The element has
destroy method and a signal that is emitted when it is destroyed.

The problem is that currently calling remove during a call to a slot
connected to the add signal of the container leads to desaster. The easy
solution would be to connect the slot combiner to the remove signal and
stop slot calling in case the element is removed. Though this is really
complicated now as there is no direct access to the combiner.

Thomas

--
Thomas Witt
witt_at_[hidden]