From: Eric Friedman (ebf_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-09 20:47:02

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:

> Robert Ramey wrote:
[snip]
>>Is this part of boost documentation and tests?
>
> No, and it should be. Eric, John?

Yes, there should be documentation for aligned_storage. I never got
around to it, unfortunately. I'll add it to my list of things to do.

One issue though-- there is a disparity between boost::aligned_storage
and std::tr1::aligned_storage. Namely, the latter is much like
boost::type_with_alignment whereas the former provides usable aligned
storage of the specified size.

Before I write any documentation, it would be useful to decide whether
the existing behavior (or naming) of boost::aligned_storage should
change. Input?

Eric