From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-12 05:55:22

First of all, the std::string of VisualAge is compatible with the
standard (It seems like vacpp uses the Dinkum library BTW).

So why algorithm/string/replace fails is a mystery to me. I tried to
understand the code to see what't wrong but I don't really grasp the
details of the implementation. For instance, where is
'has_native_replace_tester' defined ?

As a side remark, I wonder if declaring BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT( bool, ...
) is legal C++. Paragraph 5.19.1 of the standard only talks about
integral types and enums. However I did a small test like this

-------------------
Class A
{
Public:
  BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT(bool, value = 3 ) ;
} ;

Int main()
{
  itn v = A::value ;
  std::cout << v << std::endl ;
  return ;
}

And it compiles and gives the output '3' (although I would expect the
boolean to int conversion to result in '1' instead of 3. But this is
probably due to the 'enum-trick' in BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT which might
also be a cause for your test to fail.