From: Maciej Sobczak (prog_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-12 07:11:47

Hi,

I'm trying to port some code from VC++6.0 to VC++7.1.
It is a DLL library that uses Boost.Python (from 1.30.2) to expose its
interface for Python.
It compiled without problems on VC++6.0, now I get during linking:

file2.obj : error LNK2005: "struct
swallow_assign::boost::detail::swallow_assign boost::tuples::`anonymous
namespace'::ignore"
(?ignore@?A0x3ab6eb85_at_tuples@boost@@3Uswallow_assign_at_detail@23_at_A)
already defined in file1.obj

and later:

file2.obj : warning LNK4006: "struct
swallow_assign::boost::detail::swallow_assign boost::tuples::`anonymous
namespace'::ignore"
(?ignore@?A0x3ab6eb85_at_tuples@boost@@3Uswallow_assign_at_detail@23_at_A)
already defined in file1.obj; second definition ignored

I found here:

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/c++-sig/2002-November/002693.html

the suggestion to use the latest tuple_basic_no_partial_spec.hpp file.
No luck.

I understand that it is the last line in this file that is a cause of
problems.

We would like to avoid upgrading to 1.31 if 1.30.2 can make it.

Any suggestion for workaround will be highly appreciated.

Programming    : http://www.msobczak.com/prog/