From: Stefan Slapeta (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-15 10:06:41

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

// If my understanding is correct, then:
//
// * we need to detect whether the std lib was the one that shipped with vc6,
7
// or 7.1 but:
// * we can't use _MSC_VER because it gets set to arbitrary values.
// * we can't use the Intel compiler version because Intel 8 can sit on top of
// vc6 and 7 as well as 7.1
// * so we need a method that relies on the std lib alone, except that there
// isn't one..
//

I have proposed not to set this macro at all if there is no VCxx switch found
on the command line. This, however, would imply that boost must be able to
handle this state AND interprets it as 'strictly conformant'.

Stefan