From: Gennaro Prota (gennaro_prota_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-16 14:40:29

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 16:15:14 -0000, "John Maddock"
<john_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>Yes, it's detected first, and yes we can use BOOST_MSVC to detect "real"
>msvc, but that doesn't help with the Intel config:
>
>As far as I can tell from Intels docs, all it's predefined macros are set to
>the same values irrespective of whether it's been installed on top of VC6,
>VC7, or VC7.1.

Yes, but I don't think it emulates the compiler it is installed on top
of. Does it? I suppose Intel 8.0, for instance, is always VC7.1-like
in the language support, even if installed on top of VC6. What
"remains" of the underlying VC installation, besides the linker etc.,
is the (non-)standard library. But that is detectable with certainty.

>>[...]
>Yep, good idea, it just doesn't solve this issue :-(

Is this ironical? I really think it is a good idea! :)

-- Genny