From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-17 22:49:10

Matthew Vogt wrote:

> Rene Rivera <grafik.list <at> redshift-software.com> writes:
>

>>That is how I implemented it. The data structure is called a "rank tree",
>>describe in the white book. I've mentioned the structure in this list before

> What is the 'white book'? Is this the standard reference for structures in
> this area?

Somewhat standard in that it's used in most CS schools.

Introduction to Algorithms
Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest
ISBN 0-262-03141-8 -- ISBN 0-07-013143-0

Second edition at...

http://www.bookpool.com/.x/n5753dkkj4/sm/0262032937
Bookpool: Introduction to Algorithms, 2nd Edition

Peter mentioned to me privately that the 1st edition is available online.
Peter care to provide a link to it?

PS. And since Peter also asked, and before more people ask. The description I
refer to is in section 15.1 of the first edition.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything