From: Huber, Carsten (Carsten.Huber_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-18 03:08:02

Hello boost developers,

this is my first mail to boost_at_[hidden] and it is already a bug that I found in the latest
release 1.31.0 :-(

I tried to compile boost::math::asinh, boost::math::acosh and boost::math::atanh recently
and got a compile error "C2039 'abs' : is not a member of '_STL'" on my MSVC6 compiler. I have
STLPort 4.5.3 installed and thought, this might be the problem, but then I found out that
boost::math::sinc_pi and boost::math::sinhc_pi compile with no errors.

To make it short:
asinh, acosh and atanh are using ::std::abs, ::std::sqrt and ::std::log - which are not part
of the STL. To fix this problem, I have created a patch - see attached files.

Best regards,

Carsten Huber

Dipl.-Ing. Carsten Huber (Member of the VDE)

Software Development Engineer
Product Line Diagnostics (PDG)
Vector Informatik GmbH
Ingersheimer Str. 24