From: Ulrich Eckhardt (uli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-21 15:38:06

Hi!
I discovered to my dismay that the boost_thread lib that uses STLport uses
STLport's special debug mode. I therefore prepared a patch (against 1.31.0)
that renames the current 'debug' target to 'stldebug' and adds a new 'debug'
target that only uses the normal debug version of STLport.

There are a few issues to discuss though:
- I'm no expert of the build-system, not even an adept. I just tried to
understand what's going on and tried until it seemed to work. It is a little
tested on MSVC6.
- I have no idea why the special debug-mode was introduced as default in the
first place, I haven't found anything that tells why.
- I found a note in one of the bbuild v2 files (which I did neither use nor
patch) saying that 'normal debug' is not supported. Again, why and why isn't
that stated in the notes for the *-stlport toolsets?
- regex(IIRC) uses a 'd' in the resulting lib to mark debug libs and 'dd' to
mark libs with special debug modes like STLport's. I adapted this naming
convention when making the patch.

In case anyone wonders, I work in an environment where I just don't have the
extra time for STLport's debug mode.

any comments welcome

Ulrich Eckhardt