From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-21 21:29:59

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:27:53 +0000 (UTC), Matthew Vogt wrote
> Is anyone else interested in using Robert Ramey's serialization
> library for the purpose of marshalling data into pre-determined
> binary formats?

Yes. In particular, I believe a CDR (Common Data Representation), which is
CORBA's binary format would be highly useful for network apps.

> This is not related to serialization in a general sense, but
> employing the syntax and underlying fundamentals of the library, to
> a somewhat related purpose.

Well, I believe that one of the design changes that was requested in the first
review. That is, to make the archive seperate from serialization -- and hence
in the current version the Robert has created the boost/archive directory.

> This is a test program demonstrating what I'm doing - I'm interested
> to know if anyone else is doing anything similar...
>... code snipped ...

I'm not building such a thing, but if you do I'm sure I'll use it. And your
experiences in extending the library would be interesting for the upcoming
re-review of serialization :-)

Jeff