From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-23 12:18:10
The circular_buffer library by Jan Gaspar has
been accepted into Boost.
The reviews were helpful in finding at least one
issue with the library and few ones with its
documentation. Thanks to all reviewers for the time
Post-review version 3.7 will be released before code
gets into main CVS.
Main points to be addressed:
- issue of copy construction versus construct/destruct
has been cleared (the problem was created by me)
- documentation should list exception safety for every
- documentation may add some rationale on its internal
data structures and their advantage over std::deque
- portability problems should be solved
- adaptor with notification when oldest element gets
pushed out of bufer may be added
Other points that may be considered:
- name of data() function
- existence of push_back(void) like functions
- using new iterator adaptors
- difference between resize/set_capacity may be
more emphasized in docs,
- other fixes/improvements suggested during review.
Thanks for professional quality work, Jano.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk