From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-23 16:57:58

Joerg Walter <jhr.walter <at> t-online.de> writes:

> Hello,

Hi Joerg, rhanks for reviewing indexed_set!

[...]
> To try it out I ported the example from
> http://www.cs.rpi.edu/~musser/stl-book/source/ex18-01.cpp.txt to use
> indexed_set<>. Port attached. I didn't see a performance penalty. But the
> test could be IO bound and I didn't profile.

Is it only me, or did you forget to attach the code?

[...]
> I miserably failed to define a composite unique key for my indexed_set.
> Should this be possible? One more question: is there an (easy?) way to
> iterate over the distinct values of an index (or to define the index as the
> set of distinct values of the related attribute(s))?

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but please
take a look at the compose_key class in example 6 of
the examples section. Darren Cook expressed his interest
in compose_key being promoted to the library (now it is
only part of the example.)

[...]
> > If you evaluate the library and deem it acceptable for
> > Boost,
>
> Yes, I do.

Fine! Thank you.

> If Joaquín is going to invent indexed_map, too, then indexed_set is OK.

What should we do then with the namespace indexed_sets?
(mind the final 's')

Thank you again for your review. Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo