From: Gennadiy Rozental (gennadiy.rozental_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-24 00:05:03

Sorry for late response.

> This regression test is supposed (by its creator) to fail at runtime
> because of a detection of a division by zero. If the executable does not
> detect the division by zero, the regression test is reported to fail.
> AFAICT this is not a failure of the executable on IBM, this is just a
> property of the executable.

This test is intended to check that testing framework do what it supposed to
do - in this case catch division by zero. This test failure mean that a
compiler does not support this feature.

> 1) Or regression tests are not used anymore to test *properties* of the
> platform/compiler/exe
> 2) Or I include the pragma only for this regression test just for the
> sake of passing the test.
>
> I definitly prefer option 1 because I consider option 2 as a cheat.
>
> toon

I could add pragma just to show the way how to make test system to work fir
this compiler. Though I am not sure it would bring too much value - after
all it's users code that needs to include this pragma. Is there any way to
manage this with command-line args?

Gennadiy.