From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-24 06:15:27

> The boost/build/v1 common-names rule computes a toolset name of "bcb56"
> when using
> borland-5.6.4-tools. The boost/config/auto_link.hpp file does not
> discriminate
> between bcb5.5 and bcb5.6, using "bcb". Auto link therefore fails.

It was done deliberately that way, because historically we've only had one
Borland toolset, so the names were not versioned.

> I have made the following local fix to auto_link.hpp, since to me the
> common-names
> toolset name computation seems to be self-consist across toolsets.
>
> Whould it be possible to fix either auto_link.hpp or the boost build v1
> common-names
> rule - whichever makes more sense.

What we really need to do before the next major release, is figure out how
to get the compiler version into bjam so that the name mangling doesn't
depend upon the toolset name, that way the bjam names and the auto_link
names could always be in synch, Rene?

John.