From: Paul A Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-26 13:41:33

The reason IMHO is that english doesn't normally have two 'ii' vowels
together.

As usual, perversely (how anyone learns english except from their
mother's tongue baffles me), vowels ee and oo are OK together, but aa,,
uu, ii or ij are not (unless we stole the word from some other
language, of course).

But I don't think we should get hung up on it.

Sorry I started this ;-)

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204