From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-27 05:23:16

"Darren Cook" <darren_at_[hidden]> wrote

> Here is my review of indexed_set.

Thanks for your review.

> Fine. I'd have liked an option to be able to attach indexes at run-time as
> well, but that is probably a completely different container.

Not really sure I talk about the same thing but it is possible to use
indexed_set as 'view' to other containers. E.g:

std::vector<MyClass*> x;
indexed_set<MyClass*, ...> y;
... fill in y with pointers from x...
... use y ...

> I especially did not like that the container as a whole inherits the
> interface of the first named index. I think this is asking for trouble,
and
> I want to be forced to write get<mytag> for all indexes.

It is feature which allow to use indexed_set instead of set/list/etc.

Maybe there some dummy index without any interface could be
added into library.

/Pavel