From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-28 19:30:37

I attempted to build bcp with Jam V2 and como under Win2k with the latest
CVS source and the latest bjam.exe. My como installation is in
H:\Utilities\Comeau directory and is already set up to use a back end
compiler. I executed:

bjam --v2 -sCOMO_PATH=H:\Utilities\Comeau -sTOOLS=como

from the boost\tools\bcp directory and received this output indicating an
error:

"H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/util\order.jam:38:in loaderror: no
native rule "add-pair" defined in module "class_at_order."
H:\Programming\Version
Control\CVS\Home\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:259: in import
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/tools\unix.jam:16:in load
H:\Programming\Version
Control\CVS\Home\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:259: in import
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/build\toolset.jam:259: in
toolset.inherit
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/tools\gcc.jam:19: in load
H:\Programming\Version
Control\CVS\Home\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:259: in
import..\..\project-root.jam:2: in modules.load
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/build\project-roots.jam:160: in
object(project-root-object)@1.initialize
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/build\project-roots.jam:52: in
project-roots.load
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2/build\project.jam:61: in project.load
H:/Programming/Version
Control/CVS/Home/boost/tools/build/v2\build-system.jam:75: in load
H:\Programming\Version
Control\CVS\Home\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel\modules.jam:259: in import
H:\Programming\Version
Control\CVS\Home\boost\tools\build\v2/kernel/bootstrap.jam:120: in
boost-build
H:\Programming\Version Control\CVS\Home\boost\boost-build.jam:12: in module
scope"

What am I missing or what did I do wrong ?

Finally it would be nice if Boost could distribute some batch files ( or
Unix shells ) for each compiler toolset in which all the builder would have
to do is to enter the mandatory information, as optional arguments since the
environment variable might be already set, for that toolset in order to
trigger off the build, rather than have to worry about command line
arguments. I know the command line isn't complicated but anything to
simplify the end user's or developer's burden in using Boost Build would get
my vote. I have no doubt it is an excellent system, but it is a bear to
learn, when all one wants is to simply build portions of Boost. I know this
sounds lazy but then I am a very lazy programmer in all but programming and
documentation where I am just mildly lazy <g> .