From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-30 03:11:17

"JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z" <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> [...]
> Then again, not even the general feel of a std::set has to be
> met. Imagine a bunch of sequenced indices (like a lot of std::list
> without duplicate storage): this is not just a degenerate case (it
> might be useful) and it is definitely not a set.

On the other hand, you admitted yourself that none of the reviewers
found the sequenced indices useful, so you're going to have a
challenge coming up with a realistic use case for this "multi-list".

> I agree "Multi" is probably too generic, and clashes with, for
> instace, multi_array. What about CompositeContainer for the lib
> (and composite_container for the class)? it matches the name of
> the concept it satisfies, it *is* some sort of container and it's
> certainly composite. Admittedly a bimap could be also a
> considered a composite container, but composite_container is
> *the* composite container, if you know what I mean.

I guess "composite_container" isn't too bad. However, it seems
that indexing is the key concept (no pun intended), so it's too bad
that it can't fit into the name nicely. "composite_index" just doesn't
give you a good feel for what it does.

Dave

---