From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-01 14:40:17

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard <jbms_at_[hidden]>
Fecha: Jueves, Abril 1, 2004 8:35 pm
Asunto: Re: [boost] Re: Formal Review: Indexed Set

> I believe you should leave in the support for multiple tags per index.
> Possible use cases include:
>
> - Including the key type as an index tag.
>
> - Using tags to flag various fields for some other algorithm -- in
> this case, different fields could be flagged for use by various
> different algorithms.

If I'm understanding you, the case use you propose
could be illegal. Do you mean something like:

indexed_set<
  int,
  index_list<
    unique<tag<first,marked>,...>,
    non_unique<tag<second>,...>,
    non_unique<tag<third,marked>,...>

So that "marked" can be taken advantage of by
some algorithm? If so, this clashes with a request
by Brian McNamara that duplicate tags be not
allowed.
If you mean something else, I'd appreciate
if you could ellaborate.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo