From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-04 23:52:55

Some time ago I read a discussion about possibly adding the ability
to perform a lexical_cast of a regular to a wide string, and
vice-versa. There was also discussion of possibly adding similar
functionality to string_algo (though I tend to like the lexical_cast
better for this). Has anyone looked more deeply into solving this
problem? I've found these operations to be extremely common in my
work on applications that are written in unicode, but may have to
talk with non-unicode network protocols, libraries, etc.

Jared