From: Anatoli Tubman (anatoli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-05 07:18:04

Robert Ramey wrote:
>>IOW one needs random access to *either* the data stream *or* to the data
>>structure being deserialized. Data streams are too big, so we should choose
>>data structures instead.
>

>>One doesn't need the entire tree of data structures either, only the node
>>currently being processed, because descendants changing parent nodes are
>>not supported.
>

> I don't see how to do this while keeping archive and serialization
> descriptions independent.

Um... my mistake, of course the entire branch from the root to the
current node is needed.

I in fact have a very primitive semi-working proof-of-concept type thing
along these lines. If you're interested I can send you the code. It
currently doesn't use any boost library, but this will change.

--
Anatoli Tubman
PTC Israel (Haifa)