From: Steven E. Harris (seharris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-06 14:49:50

David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> writes:

> > Whether anyone has the guts to employ you I have no idea, but I
> > wish you all the best for the future.
>
> Condescension and insult. The implied message is "you will have a
> hard time finding a job because you are incapable of doing anything
> of practical value".

Just to express a different interpretation, I read it -- after pausing
the first time -- as a compliment. I took it to mean that Brian is so
capable that a typical employer would be afraid of him, afraid of not
being able to manage and understand his work product. It's a slap to
industry and mediocrity at large.

I admit, though, that I read it that way because I couldn't believe
that a sane author could intend for it to be taken at face value.

--
Steven E. Harris        :: seharris_at_[hidden]
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com