From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-07 08:06:03

Fredrik Blomqvist wrote:

> This was interesting, any chance of making this a separate, free
> standing boost.component?

If there is interest, we can probably ask a review for it. Given the tight
review schedule, it might take a while.

> Memory mapped file access have been briefly discussed before and a
> posix/windows implementation of mem-mapped files by Craig Henderson
> has been in the sandbox for quite some time.

spirit::file_iterator has different implementations (through a policy), and
works on posix/windows, using memory mapped files when available. Plus, there
is a freestand version (std::fopen and friends). It uses Boost.IteratorAdaptor
(new version).

--
Giovanni Bajo