From: Steve Dussinger (sdussing_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-08 17:24:19

HELP!!!!

I'm trying to compile an application which contains boost threads and I
can't seem to get it to work. Whenever I try to compile, I get the following
two types of messages from the compiler:

warning C4275: non dll-interface class 'std::logic_error' used as base for
dll-interface class 'boost::lock_error'

or

warning C4251: 'boost::thread_group::m_threads' : class 'std::list<_Ty>'
needs to have dll-interface to be used by clients of class
'boost::thread_group'

Obviously, these have something to do with the mixing of DLL and non-DLL
classes, but since Windows is not my preferred OS I have no clue about what
to do to get this to compile. I used boost (v 1.28) on a prior project
(using VC6) with no problems, but I'm just stumped here....

Can anyone give me a clue?

Thanx,
   Steve