From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-12 06:14:42

Hi Roland,

[I'm sending this message both to the list and to you personally in case you
don't read the list regularly].

I'm wondering what's the status of your "views" library, which is now in Boost
sandbox?

I'm rather interested to use it and see in in Boost, and I have some
questions:

1. Do you plan to work on it anytime soon and push it to review?
2. It (specifically filter_iterator) does not work for me (see the attached
compile log). Is there any change you'll fix the problems? Will it be OK if I
fix the problems?
3. I would have expected that there is some common 'view' class which provides
definitions for typedefs and functions like 'empty' and that individual views
only define methods which really differ, like begin/end. Was this design ever
considered.
4. Together with filter_view, I'd like to have 'filter' function, so that I
can do something like:

    for_each(
          filter(vertices(g), boost::lambda::bind(out_degree_f, _1, g) == 0),
          .....);

Is it possible add such functions?

- Volodya