From: Miro Jurisic (macdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-12 12:49:27

In article <ur7utig46.fsf_at_[hidden]>,
 David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Semantic details of the statement aside, I do hope somebody or
> somebodies tackle the problem. As has been made extra-obvious here
> recently, there are more issues with unicode and internationalization
> than most of us can grasp, and the only way I'm going to be effective
> with Unicode is if I have an effective library with the right
> abstractions.

All I can say here is that due to my workload I am unlikely to tackle the issue
until Unicode support becomes a requirement in my own work, so don't expect any
proposals from me in this area before 2005. If someone else starts working on
it, I'll participate in the design and review as time allows.

meeroh