From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-13 06:22:46

Hi Peter,

[snp]
> Yes, of course it is possible to reject the example. But I don't want to
> reject it. It's useful.

Ok. Could you present an example?

Let me explain what bothers me. I simply fail to see why
 a call-back created with bind() should silently behave differently from
what it forwards to. IMO that will create confusion.

> bind(write, _1)(s) is a false analogy.

even so, it won't prove the current strategy is right, merely mine is wrong
:-)

>bind is never used like that outside
> of toy illustrative examples. You always pass bind(write, _1) to someone
> else, and bind(f, a) always makes copies of f and a for lifetime reasons,
> regardless of their types.

ok, but I do assume that binding one parameter out of eg two is used
sometimes.

> Consider using lambda::bind, which fails the above example. Isn't
> competition wonderful?

Yes, but only when the customer gets a better service :-)

br

Thorsten