From: Edward Diener (eddielee_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-13 10:54:05

John Maddock wrote:
>> While the documentation for this topic is excellent, the one thing
> missing,
>> I believe, is that the term "Captures" is never defined. I believe a
>> brief single line at the very top of the topic defining the term
>> would be judicious.
>
> How about:
>
> "Captures, are the iterator ranges that are "captured" by marked
> sub-expressions as a regular expression gets matched. Each marked
> sub-expression can result in more than one capture, if it is matched
> more than once. This document explains how captures and marked
> sub-expressions
> in Boost.Regex are represented and accessed."

Sounds great. The only question is whether the match as a whole and the
string before or after the match are considered captures also. I would think
not, in the usual sense of regular expression match captures, but you do
correctly explain the regex notation for obtaining those sequences also, so
maybe a note to that effect should be specified also somewhere.