From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-13 13:45:23

Hi Robert,

After a few tweaks - which I will report later - I got serialization to
compile on my installation of MacOS X. Before submitting my review I'm
looking trough the documentation to see how I can implement an
optimized archive along the lines of demo_fast_binary_archive.cpp, but
extended to also support std::vector, std::valarray, ... At this point
I have a question that does not seem to be addressed in the
documentation:

What is the difference betweem save and save_override or load and
load_override?

demo_fast_binary_archive.cpp uses save_override and load_override but I
could not find it documented?

It seems to me that the new serialization library allows me to do what
I want but I'm confused regarding these functions.

Best regards

Matthias