From: Roland Richter (roland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-14 04:02:01

>>>4. Together with filter_view, I'd like to have 'filter' function, so that
>>>I can do something like:
>>>
>>> for_each(
>>> filter(vertices(g), boost::lambda::bind(out_degree_f, _1, g) == 0),
>>> .....);
>>>
>>>Is it possible add such functions?
>>
>> I guess you're using for_each from sequence_algo?
>

> Right.
>

>>d:\boost-sandbox\boost\sequence_algo\container_traits.hpp(507) : fatal
>>error C1507: previous user errors and subsequent error recovery halt
>>further compilation
>>
>> Wow. I'm afraid I don't have the time to fix that.
>

> I guess gcc won't crash in this way ;-) What do you think about such functions
> in general. I might have the time to play with the idea.

  It sure would be worthwhile to play with this idea.

  In your example above, filter() means something like make_filter_view()
  (I'd prefer the later, longer name), and such make_... functions
  should be provided for each view type.

> BTW, please find a trivial patch to add some missing typenames. Could it be
> applied?

  Applied. Please feel free to commit similar trivial patches whenever needed.

- Roland