From: DY, JERRY U (SBCSI) (jd2419_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-15 11:05:14

Dave,

>> I would be very surprised if nobody has tried before since HP is a
>> top-tier vendor
>
>I have tried, but not in the last 9 months. HP may be "top-tier" but
>if so their compilers have not proven to be of the same caliber as the
>rest of the company, at least when it comes to compiling Boost code.
>The number and severity of the compiler bugs, and the poor quality of
>the error messages, made the job infeasibly hard.

If you have notes that might be useful or helpful for me (to save me
time), I would appreciate it. I have been quite successful in porting
code over to aC++ over the years and have reported several
compiler/linker/debugger bugs to the HP response center and worked with
them to fix problems or find workarounds. The last one I helped fix was
the ANTLR parser generator.

I'm frantically reading the documentation ... the more I read, the more
I like it. A lot of code that we have already written definitely would
be better if we had boost years ago.

Thanks!

-Jerry