From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-16 16:40:54

Hi Robert,

I have two more questions regarding the serialization library which I
need to have answered before I can see if I can read my old archives
with your library:

1. when overloading the save/load functions in an archive, do I bypass
writing preambles and other class information or do I need to overload
operator <<? What is the difference between implementing operator<< and
save?

2. which functions do I need to implement in my archive class to skip
writing the standard preamble that your archives write? Is it just the
init function or are there more functions?

Best regards

Matthias