From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-17 07:32:06

"Andrea Torsello" <torsello_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> > Why don't you do some research? It's all in the sandbox.
>>
>> I did, and I proposed an alternative which has some advantages and
>> some disadvantages. If you like i,t please use it, if you don't,
>> don't! I was looking for feedback and constructive criticism, not
>> forcing my approach to anyone.
>
> Sorry for being so blunt, but I haven't seen any criticism on the
> approach itself.

You got a small criticism regarding the fact that you're brushing off
direct initialization as unimportant. For the most part, though,
you're right. I haven't criticized your approach. I don't see why
that should bother you.

> You didn't appear even to take a look at it to see if there is
> something good about it, and just started defending your approach.

I disagree. I started asking questions about your claims, hoping to
understand why you think your approach is an improvement. What kind
of a look would you like me to take? I suppose I could try throwing
your approach at my tests, which are more thorough... but then, you
could do that too.

> I Think it was absolutely unwarranted

Seriously? Having looked back through the thread, I don't think I
have anything to apologize for here. If you think I stepped out of
line somewhere, please be specific about where.

Thanks,

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting