From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-04-19 08:31:12

{moderator's note: please don't reply to digests. See
 http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost/more/discussion_policy.htm#quoting
 for more information. Thank you -dwa }

"S G Ganesh" <sgganesh_at_[hidden]> writes:

> I am an engineer in HP's aCC compiler team. We are actively working on Boost
> defects and the internal developmental version of the compiler compiles many of
> the Boost libraries successfully. There is a compiler patch (for both PA and
> IPF) coming up by end of this month: if any of you are interested and have a
> support contract, you can register for beta testing. The current compiler status
> for aCC shows that the pass percentage is dismal 26%, but with this patch, it
> should be more than 70% (we are working on improving it further).

Ellis, if Mentor is still interested in Boost on aCC I'm sure we can help you
get these tests running.

> Many libraries, such as regex, bind, any, thread already compile
> successfully with this patch compiler. Please note that the fixes
> are in the compiler without modifying the Boost sources;

I hope that if __HP_aCC is still set at 53800, that you changed
boost/config/compiler/hp_acc.hpp to eliminate this #define:

  #if (__HP_aCC <= 53800 )
  # define BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_KEYWORD
  #endif

> we came across a few defects in the Boost sources which we can share
> with you

Yes, please! We'd be very interested in knowing about any defects.

> so that they can be fixed (or provide a workaround or #ifdefed). It
> would be great if we can work together to resolve any issues, which
> will be mutually beneficial. If you come across any defects in the
> compiler while compiling the Boost sources, you can file bug reports
> for the same. Any issues on developing with aC++ compiler will be
> immediately responded in cxx-dev_at_[hidden] newsgroup.

That's good news. Starting at 70% it sounds like with work on your
end and workarounds on ours, aCC has potential for real usability,
eventually.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting